Tuesday, September 7, 2021

A Natural Homemade DIY Wrinkle Release Spray

This natural DIY wrinkle release spray helps you to remove wrinkles without ironing or chemicals, just a simple homemade wrinkle releaser!

Pretty sweet huh?

Easier Than Ironing!

I loathe ironing. In fact, I put off learning how to correctly iron a shirt until I was about 25 years old. I’ll never forget how hard my mother laughed when I asked her to show me how to tackle a button-down dress shirt. (I guess she thought I paid attention when she covered that skill during my childhood.) I had a hot iron in hand, a furrowed brow, and zero patience for this terrible task.

Fortunately, the introduction of wrinkle release products (soon after I became a pro at ironing) meant that I could almost completely avoid this mundane chore. No more battles with a heavy, hand-scalding, cord-wielding, clumsy iron. All I had to do was spray, re-shape, allow for a little drying time, and be on my way wearing my wrinkle-free outfit!

Why Make DIY Wrinkle Release Spray

There are many great reasons to make a homemade wrinkle releaser.

Save Time

First of all, this will save you a lot of time. I think my ironing board only makes it out of the closet about twice a year. Spray-on wrinkle releasers are such a blessing when it comes to saving time. I don’t have to pull out the board and iron, wait for it to heat up, perform the actual chore (and sometimes re-iron the places I mess up), or ice the burns on my hands. (Ouch!)

Rid Chemicals From Your Home

Secondly, if you have given chemical-filled commercial fabric softeners the boot, you should know that companies selling wrinkle release sprays are using the same chemicals found in the fabric softeners. The ingredients on one bottle of commercial wrinkle releaser I found include: “fiber relaxers, water, quality control agents and perfume.” The chemical fiber relaxers coat your clothes and irritate sensitive skin. The perfumes can aggravate allergies and other health conditions. Read this article to learn more about commercial wrinkle release spray ingredients.

Other DIY Recipes Are Not Natural

Thirdly, this recipe is natural. Have you searched for a homemade wrinkle release formula in the past? You may notice that other do-it-yourself recipes recommend a recipe of commercial fabric softener diluted in water. If you’re looking for a completely natural formula, we’ve got an easy one you can make with ingredients you likely have on hand.

Save Money

Fourth, a bottle of my old favorite commercial wrinkle releaser costs about $7.00 – 8.00 for 34 ounces. According to my calculations, when I make the same amount of natural homemade wrinkle releaser it costs roughly $0.60 (depending on essential oils used).

It Works!

Finally, the most common fear about homemade products is that they won’t work like your old commercial favorites. Check out the picture below in which I have sprayed homemade wrinkle releaser on only one side of the shirt.

DIY Wrinkle Release Spray in Action

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser 2

A few weeks ago I wrote about making your own natural fabric softener. This all-natural fabric softener can be diluted with water to make an effective wrinkle releaser spray!

Homemade DIY Wrinkle Release Spray
Print

DIY Wrinkle Release Spray

This natural DIY wrinkle release spray helps you to remove wrinkles without ironing or chemicals, just a simple homemade wrinkle releaser!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 16 ounces
Author Betsy Jabs
Cost $1

Ingredients

(OR)

Instructions

  • Combine ingredients in a spray bottle and shake well to combine.
    1 cup filtered water, 1 cup homemade vinegar laundry softener

Using Your Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

  • Spray fabrics using a sweeping motion.*
    Homemade DIY Wrinkle Release Spray 3
  • Release wrinkles from clothing by smoothing and tugging fabric with your hands.
  • Hang clothing to dry.**

Notes

I recommend using only colorless essential oils in this recipe so fabrics aren’t stained. (If using your homemade vinegar laundry softener for this recipe, just be sure it’s colorless first.) Consider using colorless oils like lavender, peppermint, clary sage, juniper, or rosemary for a pleasant, light scent on clothing. (Find 100% pure essential oils here.)
*Test wrinkle releaser on a small hidden area first for fabrics like silk or rayon that may water-spot.
**Avoid using too much homemade wrinkle releaser or fabrics will smell faintly like vinegar once dry. Experiment with different essential oils that will mask the vinegar, but will also be pleasing to your senses. Matt’s favorite is peppermint.

Handheld Steamer Option

Another option, which we also employ, is a handheld steamer. We just purchased this one and we LOVE it!

How did this DIY wrinkle release spray work for you?

*******

A Natural Homemade DIY Wrinkle Release Spray was written by Betsy Jabs.



* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment